Book A Free Consultation
Providing for your family is one of the greatest acts of love you can show them and perhaps the reason you work so hard to begin with. You provide them with a comfortable place to live, take them on memorable family vacations, sign them up for dance classes, send them to private school, or away to summer camp (okay, that one’s for you!) not simply out of obligation but because you love them and want them to experience life to its fullest. Yet because you either choose to dismiss the possibility outright, or are delaying taking action, one day, in addition to suddenly losing you, your loved ones could face the sudden and sobering reality of losing the lifestyle they have grown accustomed to living when you are no longer there to care for them. Cypress estate planning lawyers can work with you so that never has to happen.
What Are You Waiting For?
The unfortunate truth is that 1) everyone dies eventually, and 2) nobody knows when that day will come. But because we have had a pretty good run so far, we are betting on ourselves to be back tomorrow, next week, next month, and for many years to come. But what if? What if, like so many tragic stories we hear on the evening news, we were that person struck by a drunk driver, swept away by flash flood waters, or any number of fateful tragedies claiming thousands of lives every single day? What then? What would become of your family without a plan in place to provide for their needs in the immediate future and years to come? Or what if instead, you took the time (since you are still fortunately with us) to make a plan to secure your family’s future with the help of experienced Cypress estate planning lawyers! One call could impact your family’s life forever.
What Estate Planning Lawyers Can Do For You
An estate planning lawyer helps individuals and families develop legal documents and strategies to manage their assets and affairs during and after their lives. Typical estate planning tasks include:
- Will and trust creation: Estate planning lawyers assist in drafting wills and trusts specifying how assets should be distributed after death. They ensure that these documents comply with state laws and reflect the wishes of the client.
- Power of attorney and healthcare directives: They help establish powers of attorney, which designate someone to make financial or healthcare decisions on their behalf if they become incapacitated. They also assist in creating healthcare directives, such as living wills or medical powers of attorney, which outline preferences for medical treatment.
- Estate tax planning: Estate planning lawyers provide guidance on minimizing estate taxes and maximizing the value of assets passed on to beneficiaries. They may employ strategies like gifting, charitable giving, or establishing trusts to achieve these goals.
- Asset protection: A lawyer can give advice on protecting assets from potential creditors, lawsuits, or other risks. This may involve setting up trusts or utilizing legal structures that shield assets from potential claims.
- Probate and estate administration: In the event of a client’s death, estate planning lawyers can assist with the probate process, ensuring that the deceased person’s assets are distributed according to their wishes and in compliance with applicable laws.
You and your estate planning lawyer can work closely to design customized plans to safeguard your assets and minimize taxes, ensuring a smooth transfer of wealth.
Why choose the Law Office of Michelle E. Murphy for estate planning?
When it comes to such consequential and sensitive matters as getting your affairs in order, attorney Michelle E. Murphy understands how personal estate planning can be. She is passionate about helping you protect your assets and safeguard the future of your family. You can count on her to get to know you, explore your options, and provide sound advice about your estate. With 20+ years of experience helping clients prepare for the future in Cypress and the surrounding areas, she can provide you with peace of mind. For your convenience, she offers free initial consultations in person or virtually. Contact her today to schedule your free consultation!
Book A Free Consultation
Ms. Murphy made sure to use all of her resources and did everything legally possible to help me. She fought harder than other lawyers out there and found ways to make everything work in my favor. I really appreciate how she helped me and made me feel at ease under the worst circumstances. I recommend her highly.
Why Choose Us?
20+ Years Of Experience
Personalized Attorney Attention